Building a house for the Kids

Monday, December 11, 2006

Bunty's Coffee Morning - 25th November 2006

Margot's family friend had a coffee morning to raise ££ for our house... here's what she has to say!

I was so impressed when listening to the story told by Margot regarding help given to Watoto by a number of dedicated friends, that I volunteered at short notice to offer my home to hold a coffee morning to raise funds and a little publicity to this good work.

I am an 84-year-old Second World War proud ex Wren, unable either physically or financially able to help overseas, so was delighted to rally up friends to give their time and money. The sun was shining and the morning was a huge success, a splendid number of people enjoyed coffee, a chat and happily bought from the Bring and Buy table. One friend showing initiative dashed out and gathered the windfall apples from my garden and sold them!

Mary, my friend, handed round a lovely picture of two beautiful children and explained to everyone what Watoto is all about.

God willing, I will do the same again next year.

I wish the group great success.


They raised just over £200 for us!
You go girls!!!

xox

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home